Microwave oven is very important appliance for kitchen. If you decided to buy a best small microwave, you should consider different points. Before purchase, you should choose and select an appropriate microwave oven that ensures high quality performance, high level of comfort and save your time and energy. There are different kinds of small microwave available in the market today. However, all microwave are not build equally, so select a best small microwave oven is quiet confusing.
Step by step to choose and buy a best microwave oven.
Step-1: Find out Your Needs:
To buy a microwave, at first you should discover your needs. You should create a list of important features that you are expecting from your microwave oven. Consider what you want from your microwave oven and what you don’t like from it. Find out all the points and note it down. This note will help you to make a perfect decision.
Step-2: Set Your Budget:
After figure out the needs, you should set a specific budget for your microwave oven. For choosing a best small microwave, the cost of the microwave plays a determining role. There are different kinds of microwave of different brands comes with different price.
Step-3: Consider Different Factors:
- Automatic Sensors:Automatic sensors determine the food is cooked properly or not through the measurement of humidity of food. Microwave oven turned off automatically, when the food is cooked. This feature prevents the food from burning or overcooking.
- Power Rating: Usually microwaves have a power rating range between 500 to 1,500 watts. Low watts mean lower heat and longer cooking time and more watts mean more power and more heat. You should go to buy for a microwave oven with higher power, if you need to cook larger quantities food.
- Size:Capacities of the microwave oven vary from about 15L to over 30L. You should choice one that fulfills your needs.
- Control Panel:Control panel ensure easy and smooth operation. It allows you to alter the settings without any interruption of cooking.
- Auto Defrost: Auto defrost feature makes the defrosting task easy. You should only need to do enter the type of food and its weight. Then the microwave oven will selects the appropriate program for you. It can defrost all types of food like paneer, chicken etc. without cooking it.
- Steam Cooking:Steam cooking is a new feature where you need to only fill the reservoir with water. The microwave evaporates the water and produce steam. Steam heats the food and adds moisture to it.
- Non-Stick Interior: Non-stick interior makes the cleanup process easy. With a damp cloth, you can easily wipe the plastic interiors of microwave oven. Microwaves with stainless steel interiors also wipe clean and don’t absorb odors.
- Turntable:A turntable automatically rotates the dish and ensures even cooking of food. It is always a good idea to buy microwave oven that comes with turntable.
- Shortcut Keys: Many microwave ovens come with some auto settings for common recipes such as oatmeal, Tikka, pasta, popcorn and pizza etc.
- Child Safety Locks:It is an electronic feature that prevents the child from operating the microwave oven by putting a number lock. You should consider this feature, if you have child at home.
- Trays and Removable Racks:Trays and removable racks organize cooking space to warm more food at once. It will save your time and energy.
- Drop-Down Door:Drop-down door makes put in and take out the food easier.
- Turbo Reheat:Turbo reheat added boost of power. For baked beans or reheating soups, it is a great option.
Care and Maintenance Guide:
Regular care and maintenance for microwave oven is very essential. It is important to ensure the long lasting appliance and high quality performance. It is always necessary to carefully and thoroughly read and follow the instruction manual and contact with the manufacturing company in case of any doubt. Remember that, poor maintenance and care can cause early retirement of your appliance and it would add an additional cost for replacement. Here we enlist some guidelines that will help you to care and maintenance your microwave oven
- Read the instruction manual carefully that comes with microwave oven.
- Regularly check the door of the microwave oven for damage or corrosion and ensure it fits accurately and securely.
- Do not run your microwave when it is empty.
- Clean the microwave oven regularly to ensure that burnt food doesn’t stuck to the door or interior.
- Avoid any metal containers use in the microwave with food.
- Never use any types of paper, newspaper, plastic containers or plastic grocery bags in the microwave.
- Don’t use plastic film or containers to avoid migration of chemicals from plastic to food.
- Use glass containers specially designed for microwaves to cook high fat containing foods.
Author Bio: Katie is a woman who love writing about home and kitchen on Hubnames. She has just published microwave review.